Today is: Fri, May 24, 2013
The Private Sector Mobilization for Family Health Project – Phase 2 (PRISM2) is part of USAID’s continuing initiative to build enduring public-private partnerships that would assure Filipinos the availability of and access to quality modern family planning (FP) and maternal and child health (MCH) products and services. Specifically, PRISM2 provides support to the Department of Health (DOH), local government units (LGUs) and other national and local partners in their provision of technical assistance to the private sector and strengthening its role in the delivery of FP and MCH products and services.
PRISM2 is a follow on to the PRISM Project implemented in 2004-2009 (PRISM1) which initiated the participation of the private sector, with government as partner, in meeting the demand of Filipino families for FP and MCH products and services. PRISM1 was able to develop models for engaging private sector which can be utilized to inform public policies and develop a sector-wide approach for FP and MCH provision.
PRISM2 (2009-2014) works on the gains of PRISM1 and intends to scale-up its reach to achieve critical mass. PRISM2 supports cross-cutting efforts such as alliance building, advocacy and institutional development. It was initially implemented in 77 provinces/independent cities nationwide and was refocused to 36 provinces /independent cities starting 2012.
To assist the DOH and the LGUs engage and mobilize private sector resources in the delivery of FP/MCH services and products.
PRISM seeks to increase the following:
- To increase the number of private sector providers providing services to poorer segment of the population and the coverage of the poor.
- To increase financing of the private sector delivery of services and products.
- To improve marketing of FP and MCH services and products as means to generate demand for FP and MCH services.
- To improve private practice providers’ effectiveness in n communicating and encouraging clients to seek FP and MCH services from trained providers and deliver in birthing facilities.
- To facilitate the creation of clear and specific and formal local and national policies and regulations for mobilizing private sector in the provision of FP and MCH services and products.
- Increasing and sustaining private sector provision of quality FP and MCH services and products.
- Increasing utilization of quality FP and MCH services and products in and from the private sector.
- Improving the policy environment for private sector provision of FP and MCH services and products.
Ms. Michelle Gardner
Chief of Party, PRISM2 Project
3/F Rockwell Tower 1, Unit 304-306
Rockwell Business Center, Ortigas Avenue,
Pasig City 1605 Philippines
Tel No. (632) 4709157 loc. 888
Fax No. (632) 4709194
- Success Stories
- New Health Strategy-Best Practices at Scale in the Home, Community and Facilities
- Family Planning (FP) and Maternal & Child Health (MCH)
- Integrated Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition/Family Planning Regional Project in Luzon (LuzonHealth)
- Integrated Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition/Family Planning Regional Project in Visayas (VisayasHealth)
- Integrated Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition/Family Planning Regional Project in Mindanao (MindanaoHealth)
- Communication for Health Advancement Through Networking and Governance Enhancement (CHANGE)
- Health Policy Development Program-Phase 2 (HPDP2)
- Private Sector Mobilization for Family Planning-Phase 2 (PRISM2)
- Community Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition Scale Up (CMSU)
- Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program (MCHIP) Philippines
- Building Actors and Leaders for Advancing Community Excellence in Development (BALANCED) Project
- Tuberculosis (TB)