Today is: Thu, May 23, 2013
BEST or Best Practices at Scale in the Home, Community and Facilities: An Action Plan for Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health, Nutrition and Family Planning
(October 2011 to September 2016)
As part of the Global Health Initiative, USAID/Washington identified best practices that can lower maternal mortality rates, improve child health, and increase access to voluntary family planning. Worldwide, 28 missions in high-burden maternal and neonatal mortality countries were asked to develop five year action plans to implement these practices at scale while improving the capacity of health systems to sustain the interventions.
USAID/Philippines has recently completed its draft BEST Action Plan. It aims to improve the health of Filipino families by helping to expand access to integrated family planning and maternal, neonatal and child health and nutrition (FP/MNCHN) services at the community and facility level. It also aims to strengthen the capacity of the local government units (LGUs) and enhance its collaboration with the private sector to implement FP/MNCHN programs.
The BEST Action Plan is posted here in our website this whole month of May 2011 for comments. We invite individuals and government and non-government institutions to help us improve this draft document. Please send in your comments to the USAID/Philippines Office of Health thru firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 1, 2011. Thank you.
You need Adobe Reader to view the file.
Click here to download Adobe Reader if you don't have it.
Note: Just click on the link to open the document or if you want to save it and you're using Internet Explorer as your browser, right click on the link and then click 'Save Target As' from the pop-up menu, otherwise click 'Save Link As'.
- Success Stories
- New Health Strategy-Best Practices at Scale in the Home, Community and Facilities
- Family Planning (FP) and Maternal & Child Health (MCH)
- Integrated Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition/Family Planning Regional Project in Luzon (LuzonHealth)
- Integrated Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition/Family Planning Regional Project in Visayas (VisayasHealth)
- Integrated Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition/Family Planning Regional Project in Mindanao (MindanaoHealth)
- Communication for Health Advancement Through Networking and Governance Enhancement (CHANGE)
- Health Policy Development Program-Phase 2 (HPDP2)
- Private Sector Mobilization for Family Planning-Phase 2 (PRISM2)
- Community Maternal, Neonatal, Child Health and Nutrition Scale Up (CMSU)
- Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program (MCHIP) Philippines
- Building Actors and Leaders for Advancing Community Excellence in Development (BALANCED) Project
- Tuberculosis (TB)